Tirupati edutech Pvt Ltd.



Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Q1. Are the Programmes offered by Indian institutions recognised?

A. It is mandatory for all universities/institutions offering professional and technical courses in India to be recognised by the national level statutory bodies established for the maintenance of norms and standards. Indian degrees are recognised worldwide.

Q2. Do foreign students need to give GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, IELTS or any other test?

A. Indian universities do not insist on the above scores. However, since the academic programmes are taught in English medium, proficiency in English is a must. One should have studied Higher Secondary in English medium or English should have been one of his/her subjects.

Q3. Are there healthcare facilities in India for overseas students?

A. Most Indian institutions have their own campus clinics, where students are treated for ailments like fever, cough, cold, etc. If the students wish, the institutes can also help the students get medical insurances.

Q4. What are the accommodation alternatives available for overseas students in India?

A. All Indian institutions provide hostel accommodation for international students in the hostels located on campus. If they wish, the students can also stay outside, in private accommodations and rented flats.

Q5. What is the cost of studying in India?

A. Indian Universities offer education at more affordable cost than any other recognised university in the world. The average cost of studying in India is almost one-fourth to that charged in western universities.

Q6. What is the cost of living in India?

A. Living expenses (food and other) in India are about USD 100-150 a month.

Q8. What is student visa?

A. Student Visa is meant for those who want to come to India for education. Student Visa is issued for the duration of the academic course of study on the basis of firm letters of admission from universities/recognised colleges or educational institutions in India. The children of NRIs and PIOs cardholders need not procure a student visa. Other international students need student visa or research visa for Doctoral level courses.

Q9. What are the pre-requisites for procuring a student visa? From where can one avail student visa?

A. Students need to procure confirmed letters of admission from universities or recognised colleges and institutions. Student visas can be obtained from any of the Indian Missions.

Q10. How much is the student visa fees?

A. The fee structure depends on the nationality of the passport holder and type/duration of visa applied.

Q11. Do foreign students need to undergo any medical tests before coming to India?

A. All foreign students coming to India need to undergo a medical test for AIDS. The Foreigners Regional Registration Office (FRRO) requires this test as a pre-requisite for obtaining the Residence Permit Form.

Q12. Is registration with FRRO office mandatory?

A. All PIO students staying in India longer than 6 months are required to register with the Foreigners’

Regional Registration Office (FRRO). The following documents are required for registration:
Photocopy of the passport and initial visa
Four photographs of the applicant
Details of residents in India
HIV test report from one of the WHO recognised institutions for people in the age group of 15 to60
Bonafide certificate from the university/college/institution
Proof of Bank Account/sufficient funds for non-scholarship students

Q13. Can foreign students with Indian Student Visa visit the restricted/prohibited areas?

A. Yes, foreign students can visit the restricted and prohibited areas in India after getting a valid Resident Permit as visa alone is not sufficient to visit such places

Q14. Whom should foreign students contact for further details on studying in India?

A. CCV Services Pvt Ltd. - An successful education consultancy past from 3 years providing exceptional services to thousands of students in India .
Post Arrival Problems
Solving with right solution

CCV Services Pvt Ltd. Consultant are constantly in touch with the Universities/ Colleges to ensure that their students do not face any problem related to accomodation, course, etc

Hence provide enough support to them in their early days in a new country where things would be strange and unfamiliar. CCV Services Pvt Ltd.  Consultant has an experienced team of specialist counsellors having a wide knowledge of colleges and universities, up-to-date information on the latest developments.Sound understanding of the issues- academic, personal and financial - which most concern parents and students. This exceptional combination enables us to offer informed, well balanced advice on individual basis. .